Friday, November 20, 2009

Knowing the Balance

I have been going to the gym faithfully for about 2 months now. I was getting so frustrated because I wasn't losing weight like I thought I should be. I realized that although I was disciplining myself to work out everyday, I wasn't disciplining myself to eat right all the time. I'm learning consistency is key when making a life change.
I am doing great with consistently pushing myself in the gym, but now it is time to do the same with my diet. I've only ever found one thing that works for me and that is the Atkins Low Carb Lifestyle. I'm about to kick it off hardcore! I'm not talking about eating only meat and cheese. You just cut out the breads, pasta, sugar, and dairy products. For the first 2 weeks, you eat meats, cheese, and eggs. That's the most strict part of the diet. Then you add fruits and veggies into you diet. You'll be surprised at how fast you notice a difference and you'll also notice you don't crave junk food anymore. You'll feel good and have a lot more energy.
I just got the Jillian Michael's workout for wii!!! I love it! You should definitely try it. Anyways, I am back on track and so excited about seeing the results I have been working for. I think more than anything I need to change my mindset. Every time I get close to breaking through that wall of impossibility, I back off subconsciously. It's almost as though I feel like I'm incapable of doing this myself. I can't wait to break through that barrier, and see myself completely as God sees me.
All in all, you have to know the balance. Diet to exercise, spiritual discipline to physical discipline, and Realistic expectations to Believing in yourself! I will definitely be updating my progress!

1 comment:

  1. You are exactly right Tasha!! You cannot do all the exercising and toning if you don't change your way of thinking about food.

    I am three months out and having nothing but protein and what is on my diet list. You still battle head hunger!! Be strong, if you feel you are hungry drink water and wait 30 minutes. If you are still hungry then eat. Most of the time we are dehydrated and we take it as hunger.

    I love you and I am so proud of you. Make an ObesityHelp.com profile. You can find such good recipes there.

    ReplyDelete