Monday, February 8, 2010

Training for the Win!!

Ok... SO it's been a few weeks since I last blogged. Alot has happened, but the thing I'm most excited about is my personal trainer! Her name is Betsy and she is Fantastic! If you have been overweight for any length of time, you know that most people have a comment about your weight or they'll tell you to go on a diet. But those same people, including doctors, do not want to help you fix the problem. That's why I am so thankful for Betsy. You know those people who genuinly care for others, yeah thats pretty much the type of person she is. I am not saying that this journey is going to become easy and I don't have to work as hard. NO, I'm saying that now that I have somebody showing how to change my eating habits, work out corretly, and above all how to get on the right track, a small part of my battle has already been won. If knowledge is power, I am getting stronger everyday.
If you have a story like mine, you were never taught how to eat right. So how can people expect you to know what to do and not to do? I had it all wrong, I would tend to not eat enough, and that was hurting me more than it helped me. Betsy gave me a meal plan, a grocery list, and a workout routine. She has literally given me the tools I lacked to succeed.
Everytime I tried to lose weight, I did it half heartedly because I felt I was setting myself up for another failure. That mindset is hard to break, and at times it's hard to make myself go to the gym because I'm afraid I'll fail again. But I keep going because somehow I know this time is different. When I had my consultation with her, I found the hope I had lost somewhere along the way. I am so thankful for this journey I have to walk, because although it's hard right now, I know when I beat this thing, I will have such an amazing story to share with people. I believe that everything happens for a reason. I moved to Charlotte and met Jocelyn for a reason. Jocelyn is the mom of the girls I nanny. She is the one who hooked me up with Betsy because she saw how hard I was working and how much I wanted this for myself. She believes I can do it, and so she gave me the help I needed.
So now I am eating the right way, working out in a way that's affective for my body, and drinking a gallon of water everyday. I have started some new cardio class and I love it. I went to a cardio kick boxing class and while I was waiting in line someone in the line next to me turned to me and said "maybe you should have started w/ an easier class." I just love when people judge what you can or can't do just by looking at you. I didn't even know that lady and she said that to me. Well if you know me, that just made me even more determined to do well and prove her wrong. I am so competitive. lol! So I pushed myself to the limit and I loved every minute of it! The same lady came up to me after class and told me I did well. Weird, she was watching. lol! So now my favorite classes are Cardio Kick Boxing, Zumba, and Cardio Funk!!!
I have Nicole, my friend, Jocelyn, Wendy, and Betsy behind me!! You watch, I am going to do it this time!! I may have my good days and bad days, but I will make it through because I am building a strong support system. So I want to say thank you to all of you who have and does believe in me! I especially want to say thank you to Nicole, Wendy, Jocelyn, and Betsy!! I love you and thank you for encouraging me and believing I can accomplish this dream! I will be updating more often! :) <3>

No comments:

Post a Comment