Monday, March 22, 2010

Embrace Change

So a little while ago I was walking through Walmart and I saw this necklace, it read "Embrace Change" on the front and "Life is a gift embrace it" on the back. I bought the necklace as a daily reminder to embrace what comes my way. I believe God gives us the desires of our hearts and part of my desire is to become healthy and live a long healthy life and help others do the same. I believe that everything happens for a reason and part of the reason I feel God brought me to Charlotte NC is to meet the family I would work for, who would introduce me to my trainer Betsy, who would connect me to Mrs. Lynne and kick my tail into shape. No, I have by no means lost all I need to, but I am on my way to living the way I have always wanted to. For those of you who do not know, I am about to move back to Huntsville Al. Side note, have you ever just wanted all the really cool people who are apart of your life to live in one place so you could be with everyone?!?! I hate saying goodbye! Anyways, it will be hard to leave but exciting too!
There is a saying, "Knowledge is power." if that is true I must be pretty powerful now. Most of my excuses for staying overweight was because I didn't know how to lose it the right way, but now thanks to the B.T.E. (Best Trainer Ever), I have the knowledge to succeed! I'm going back to Huntsville with the tools for success and a changed mindset! By next year, I will be a whole new person and it's because I'm changing more and more on the inside and it's reflecting on the outside. It's still a battle, and I have to be careful not to fall back into old habits because it's all to easy to do so. When it comes to weight loss, you can not compromise, because it will throw you off. You'll think, it's ok to have just one cookie, but who really only eats just one? I am finding the more I say no to those things that so used to tempt me, the less I crave those things. It's not always easy to say no especially during that time of month for us ladies. Betsy told me to chose a better option like fruit and yogurt instead of cookies and ice cream!
A couple weeks ago before the decision was made to move back to Al, I was struggling with what to do, because I was scared to move away and not have Betsy there if I needed her. But you know, just because there is a change in your life, doesn't mean that those people who are apart of your life are going to turn their back on you. I really believe God put Betsy in my life to help with this particular journey. Yes, it's a trainers job to help you get in shape, but you can tell if someone genuinely cares about you or it's about the cash. Betsy cares for the person, the cash is just a perk! lol! She is going to keep up with me even when I move!! She told me that as long as she driving my ship, I'm not going to sink. And just having someone believe that much in you gives you the courage to push forward and have confidence you can make it
I will miss the Y here in Charlotte. I made alot of good friends, and I love the classes I take! Mrs. Lynne's Kick Boxing class, Pace's Kick Boxing class, Koh's Zumba class, and Andre's Cardio Funk class are the ones I took weekly. I love Kick Boxing and Zumba, but my favorite is Cardio Funk! I loved that class. If you live in Charlotte, I recommend these classes! You will have fun and burn a ton of calories!! Anyways, I have some great news...... I have now gone from a size 26 jeans to a size 22 and from a size 26 shirt to a size 20!! I am so excited, because I feel so good and I have more confidence in myself! Betsy, Lynne, Pace, Andre, Beth, and Kasey, all my Y people, I will miss you very much! Thank you for helping this far along my journey! Ok, I'm done for now.... lol! <3

2 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you Tasha!! You are doing great, and will continue to walk in victory!

    ReplyDelete